Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PLN 13

Today I was reading a blog post by one of the teachers at my school. In her post Home with the kids.... she talks about how after setting up her 4 year old daughter with a bunch of favorites on their home computer, her daughter almost immediately picked up on how to use it all, and became a ".com kid". After reading her post, I commented on it. Here is what I said.


Bkitch,
I was so excited to hear about how quickly your daughter picked up using the computer. My niece is almost her age, and although she is still a tad too young to play on the computer, it was great to hear that a 4 year-old is almost as technologically literate as I am at 15 (though she seems to have picked it up a lot faster than I did).

Technology is very quickly integrating into schools, and your daughter is well on her way to passing up her teachers. I honestly don’t know why, (perhaps it’s because my English class uses computers, and I still get frustrated with them) but to hear that your daughter is getting a head start in life was really inspiring for me to try harder to become a “.com kid” (or teen) like your daughter.

No comments: