Tuesday, May 6, 2008

PLN 16

Today I decided to broaden my sources, so I took a look at one of the teacher's blogs on my school web page. What I found was a great post by Ms. Comp about PLNs and how she is applying them in her classes. The post was titled PLN's Again . Since I too am doing PLNs I decided to post on her blog. Here is what I said:

Jessie,
As a student who is also doing PLNs, it is exciting to hear what others are doing, and how they’re doing it. I know that I at least have learned a lot from this assignment. It’s a great way for students to get involved. So many times, we are oblivious to the world around us. All we see is school, friends, and that hot college guy down the street. PLNs are a great way for us students to broaden our thinking. Not only do we know what fellow students and other teachers are thinking, but also we see life in an all-new perspective. For students like me, who fancy blogging about the news, it is a real eye-opener to what is going on in the real world. Before I started blogging, I had no idea about what was going on. Stories on the news were just, stories. I didn’t know what they were about, and didn’t particularly care. My PLNs forced me to do both, and I can proudly say I am much more aware of what is happening in the world. Even posting on the blogs of others is helpful. We learn to see things the ways others see them. We put on our, as my U.S. History teacher likes to call them, our point of view glasses. PLNs help students in so many aspects of both their academic and social life, so it was really exciting to hear that other classes have started doing them.
-AvereeL

No comments: